In an era where the brave service of our military veterans continues to shape the American narrative, few stand out like Colonel Derek Harvey.
Episode 48: Colonel Derek Harvey
Renowned for his extensive military career and dedication to the nation's security, Harvey's insights remain particularly resonant today as we navigate complex challenges at home and abroad. During a compelling interview on "Raven's Radar," hosted by the indomitable Raven Harrison, Colonel Harvey dissected critical issues, ranging from national security to preserving the very freedoms upon which America was founded. This exchange is not merely conversation; it is an action plan and a beacon of hope for every Patriot seeking to uphold the tenets of liberty and democracy.
- Raven Harrison: Welcome, Patriots, to this episode of Raven's Radar. It looks like I'm on the move again. I am. But today, we have a spectacular guest and a lot to get to. It is war out there, and we got to get to it fast. If it's in your sights, it's on my radar. We'll be airborne shortly.
- [Intro Video]
- Raven Harrison: Welcome, Patriots. It is time again for this episode of Raven's Radar. As at the time of this taping, it is Halloween. Happy Halloween for those of you who celebrate. We've kind of let that go in our house. But we have a fantastic, fantastic guest today. I say that every week, don't I? It's always true. But here's the thing, Patriots, is I really feel like when we're talking about a lot of military elements that are going on in our world right now, it really helps to have people who have actually fought this fight.
- Raven Harrison: So we have the supreme veteran on our show today, the one and only Colonel Derek Harvey. If you don't know who this is, you got to watch the show. This guy is a powerhouse, but he is going to put verbs in the sentences. We're going to start getting some real intelligence. I know, sorely lacking, okay, from everything that's going on, but real intelligence. So what's going on in the world right now, Patriots? Well, we got a lot.
- Raven Harrison: It's never dull and it's never safe and it's never good with the idiot we have in the White House. It just continues to go from bad to worse. So Biden is continuing to go to the beach and reflect on his recent nap and things like that. Meanwhile, the country's on fire. We are literally on fire. So at the time of this taping, we are dealing with a court case in Colorado. They are trying to keep President Trump off the ballot in Colorado because of the 14th Amendment. And they're saying he incited that insurrection on January 6th. So apparently telling people to peacefully make their voices heard is left to speak for get him. So they are in another one of their never ending ways of attacks on President Trump. They are trying to once again supersede the will of the American people by trying to decide who we elect for president. And Patriots, especially Colorado Patriots, we can't stand for this.
- Raven Harrison: You guys should be lighting these phone lines. Lauren Boebert should be on that television every day saying Patriots, this cannot stand. This man's been convicted of nothing. And it's not the decision of swamp creatures and career politicians who have been there getting rich for decades to decide who we elect for president. They don't get to do that, but know this swamp. I'm talking to the swamp now. The swamp is that all of us have our Sharpies and we'll write him in. This attempt and this shameless attempt to subvert the will of the people is not gonna go unremarked.
- Raven Harrison: We all have Sharpies and we know how to use them. Huh, you know, how's that? She's a Sharpie extremist. Okay, I'll live with that. The end of the day is Patriots. This is how we battle back against the swamp is stop allowing them to erode our freedoms and our justice, it's not up to you. So in that, with all the seven to nine to 10 million, depending on which estimates you believe of terrorists that Joe Biden has led into this country, seven million people that need to be fed, housed, watched, vetted, that were just waved on in through the Southern border. And in some cases, Vines DOJ cutting the barbed wire here in Texas so they could just walk on into our country, unchecked, are having demonstrations.
- Raven Harrison: We've had mass shootings, all these things that were not predictable when you led up. Millions of people who were unvetted from hostile parts of the country come into the country. And what happens now we've got shootings going up and we've got the usual, we have to take the guns away from law abiding citizens in order to be safe. We got it, only the government should have guns because they're doing a fabulous job. You know, that's how it happens. But I also want to tell Patriots, this is the usual gun grab argument. The usual, let's let in suspect people. Why are none of these shooting suspects ever Republicans or licensed gun owners? Why are they always Democrats who have illegally obtained guns? And then here comes the cue, the gun grab by the people who are being protected by these guns. Okay, I'm looking at you, Kathleen Tsar and the president turn up. Are these the same guns that are protecting you? Do the bullets come out really, really fast? Asking for a nation.
- Raven Harrison: But here's what I want to say to that. Okay guys, here's what it is. All these people on X and all these triggered lives of going, why do you need an assault weapon? A does not stand for assault. Okay, can you guys just stop it? If you really believe that, then we should get rid of my assault SUV, my assault toilet paper dispenser, my assault paper towel dispenser. Okay, my assault salt grinder. Are you guys kidding me? Stop it, stay in school. Okay, preferably ones that are protected by guns.
- Raven Harrison: And here's the beauty of the second amendment, saying it shall not be in French. It means I don't have to tell you what I want it for. It is not absolute, yes it is. The second amendment is absolute, okay? And that was not put in there after they went deer hunting. It was put in after they had to liberate a country from people like Biden. There's your history lesson for the day. So for all of them going, you don't need it, doesn't matter whether I need it. What if I just want it? What if it just goes with my nails? It doesn't matter, okay? That's what shall not be in French means. It means I don't have to give you a reason to have my God given rights. And my rights don't come from the government. And they don't come from the Karen down the street, okay? They come from God, which means you can't take them. If they didn't come from the government, they can't take them.
- Raven Harrison: That's how it is Patriot. So that's where we are. The same gun grabbing fight, same wide open border. We have a new speaker now. And all I will say is get to work. We're waiting for those J6 tapes. We are waiting for those single bills that are coming out and we're waiting for you to secure our border and stop funding other countries. There it is. I'm wishing you well, Speaker Johnson and the House GOP. But on behalf of the American people, get to work. We are sick of it, okay? We had enough of that with McCarthy, you know? Send him back to California, do your job. Secure our border. Stop sending our money away. Get this budget under control. It's literally all you have to do, okay? So Patriots, that's my take on what's going on. Keep eyes open and stay on the frontline Patriots. It's super important. And on that note, let's now get to the military grade angle of this episode and get to the one and only Colonel Derek Harvey right after this.
- [Raven PAC spot]
- Raven Harrison: Welcome back Patriots. It is that time. It's time to get on the front lines. And I mean, literally, we're going military grade today with the verbs and the sentences because I have a powerhouse on the show today. It is the one and only Colonel Derek Harvey. He is just a military might who is now exactly what our country needs to get back on track. They don't make them like that anymore and he's on our show today. Welcome, Colonel Harvey to Raven's radar.
- Colonel Derek Harvey: I am glad to be here. Looking forward to it.
- Raven Harrison: Looking forward to it as well. I want those of us in the military circles, we are a family and we look after our vets and our heroes, but there are some that shine above the rest Patriots and Colonel Harvey is one of those. I know your background. I mean, you have done it all. You have been, you're a geopolitical consultant. You are an expert on China, Russia, foreign affairs, domestic affairs. You are an expert on government you've consulted for I believe Devin Nunes and other people and the Trump campaign. You have worked on election integrity. This man is doing it on heroes don't retire Patriots. I would like Colonel Harvey, please tell our listeners and our viewers a little bit about you.
- Colonel Derek Harvey: Well, right now I'm a Washington County commissioner in Western Maryland and I left the full time work on Capitol Hill where I was the senior investigator for Devin Nunes and the House Intelligence Committee to get involved locally while I'm still engaged on a national and international level. And I thought it was really important to get involved locally to make a difference because Raven, like you and I have seen between school boards and counties making decisions about COVID, about school policies, just the direction that the country's going.
- Colonel Derek Harvey: I realized that remember what was going on Loudoun County when in Virginia when yet all that publicity. I said, I need to get involved because I have an 11 year old, a seven year old and a two year old right now. And I need to fight that local fight while still being involved nationally. And I have a background in 26 years in the Army. I was a university professor at University of South Florida, very interesting dynamics being on a campus. And then Trump called and asked me to join his team and I went into the White House, had some issues there. Let me just say it really short. I did get fired along with Ezra Cohen and Rich Higgins. And why did the three of us get let go at the end of the summer of 2017?
- Colonel Derek Harvey: We thought it was our job to support the president in accomplishing his mission, not Secretary Mattis' mission or not Secretary Tillerson's mission, who both were opposing the president's agenda. And they worked very hard to get us moved along, so to speak, offered us new jobs. I wound up with Devin Nunes and the stories told from there worked on FBI, DOJ corruption, CIA and worked right on through with the president's team, to January of 21, where we were reviewing those classified documents that he's accused of taking down to Mar-a-Lago.
- Raven Harrison: That is a couple of mouthfuls. So you basically have your fingers in pretty much every corruption pool we have going on right now. This is, that's an incredible story. And now you've brought it back, but you're still fighting for the country, sir. So you are fighting now. So now you're doing the speaking. So let's get into what's going on with the country right now. We have a lot of things going on, most of them having to do with the silver alert we have at 1600 right now. But the important thing is, let's start with Israel. I know that you're an expert on domestic as well, and we're gonna pull that in, but I really wanna talk about the hot button issue of Israel. My parents are both military, retired Air Force Lieutenant-Colonels, and I just wanna ask you, sir, the speculation surrounding Israel and how the Iron Dome fell, what led to this catastrophic failure? I would like to get your take on that. What is going on? What happened with Israel?
- Colonel Derek Harvey: Well, let's talk about the Iron Dome defense, and it's a combination of different systems from short range capabilities that can intercept. You've got an aero defense system, they've got patriots integrated into it. There are multiple layers of different technologies, all integrated through a command and control and warning system. Now, clearly there was an effort, and there's still much to be learned about what cyber intrusions were coordinated and targeted the Iron Dome defense system. But overall, the problem for the Israelis right now isn't any failure per se, they have to make tough choices.
- Colonel Derek Harvey: They've got a limited number of missiles that they can defend critical infrastructure in critical population centers with. And the accuracy of the missiles that have been provided by Iran to Hezbollah, mainly in the North, but somewhat less so in the South with Hamas is they have to be very careful about choosing which missiles to intercept because 15 years ago, they were all very inaccurate and not many missiles were gonna hit a critical target. Now they have to husband those resources and make sure they only intercept those missiles that are gonna hit something important and take a chance on those that are gonna go elsewhere. And that creates a perception of maybe failure.
- Raven Harrison: And that's an issue. We also have an issue of, I don't know if a lot of people in, and are listening on it, understand soft targets, but it is very commonplace for terrorists like Hamas to use civilians and hospitals and places like that as shields or they'll operate their headquarters in places where civilians congregate so that you can't take out their arsenals without taking out civilians, correct?
- Colonel Derek Harvey: Yes, Hezbollah does that and so does Hamas. And we worked very hard with Israelis to identify the places in Lebanon from the border all the way up to the northern border of Lebanon, where the construction was going on for putting in ammunition dumps, facilities, missile launch locations. And we saw those being put in underneath hospitals, underneath new villas, missile launch vehicles being run in and out. And we categorized those, identified them very carefully on the maps from the beginning of the construction all the way up to where they were practicing using those. So the same thing with Hamas in Gaza, but it's a much more urbanized zone, tougher to keep track of all the construction, but the intelligence has been pretty good. It appears that the biggest hospital, remember the Israeli supposedly hit it?
- Raven Harrison: Yes.
- Colonel Derek Harvey: That seems to be an epicenter of the tunnel infrastructure for Gaza with the four stories of underground command and control facilities, four stories beneath that hospital. And they use these locations to shield themselves. And that's twofold. They wanna protect themselves because they think the West won't strike them. But if they do, it's part of their asymmetric warfare where they're sacrificing people and they're gonna roll the camera and publicize it and allege war crimes. Whereas it's not a war crime when if you give warning and time for the civilians to depart an area, the war crime is actually building the facility and using a facility or putting an ammunition dump next to a school or in a mosque or something like that. That's the real war crime.
- Raven Harrison: Correct. And parachuting in and cutting off babies' heads and assassinating people on camera, just absolutely horrific images coming out.
- Colonel Derek Harvey: Well, those are horrible images. And I understand the reticence of the Israelis about publicizing the videos from the GoPro cameras and some things like that. And a couple hundred journalists have been given that access. The descriptions alone are horrific. And the other side is demanding proof that this happened. Palestinian Hamas leadership denies these things occurred. Even though we've got the interrogations, we've got the evidence on the ground, you've got plenty of video from security cameras and their own GoPro's.
- Colonel Derek Harvey: Let me give you an example of one. And this is why people have to understand because it is so horrific. You're a parent, I'm a parent. In one house, they took the three young kids, 11 and under, bound them in front of the parents across the room and made the parents watch as they cut off individual fingers one by one, one kid first and then the next kid. And then the ears and then gouged out an eye before executing the one kid. And then did it to the second child. The screams and the horror of that, seeing your kids go through that. No reason I express this is there's deniers out there. There are Palestinian Hamas deniers but we've got deniers on campus. We've got deniers on Capitol Hill.
- Raven Harrison: Yes, deniers in Congress. Deniers in Congress who swore an oath to uphold our constitution that are posting flags and celebrating this and denouncing us.
- Colonel Derek Harvey: And you know, Congresswoman, Rashida Tlaib organized or helped organize that Canon demonstration and she reiterated the same lies about the hospital and other things knowing that the Capitol Hill had been briefed that this was a false news story that the Israelis had not done anything. Now that said, she helped organize. There's coordination of finance. It was an obstruction of a government proceeding. Businesses had to be shut down. There was disorderly conduct. There was resisting arrest. There was conspiracy and probably RICO charges but we're in Washington DC and you can bet your bottom dollar with all of that evidence, there's not gonna be one charge prosecuted. And where's the FBI in this? Where are they going after all these people?
- Raven Harrison: They're looking for parents to label them terrorists at school board meetings. They're busy doing fake raids, trying to set up conservatives. You are so right, sir. It is ridiculous. And we're going to talk about this, patriots, and we're gonna come back and we're going to revisit some issues at home here with the one and only Colonel Derek Harvey right after this.
- [Patriot Mobile spot]
- Raven Harrison: Welcome back, patriots. We are here with the military might we need to help get this country back on track. It's so overdue. The one and only Colonel Derek Harvey. Colonel Harvey, we had left the last segment talking about, you know, Rashida Tlaib being allowed to organize that insurrection. And coincidentally, that was, there was an official proceeding going on in Congress. When all these people occupied the Capitol and we have people from January 6th that are in prison right now for this. And she gets to walk the halls of Congress without justice and Patriots our days of tolerating this. We should be lighting these phone lines up. Should be over, but Colonel Harvey, what is our action plan for Israel? What do you want the Patriots to know? What should we do going forward with this situation?
- Colonel Derek Harvey: Well, one, we need to continue to put truth out there. Okay. And, you know, retweet the truth on X or push it out on Truth Social. What you're doing is really important. My going and speaking to Republican clubs and conservative clubs around the country and talking about the reality of what's going on and what the real threats are. Get activated locally. Don't just focus on, you know, the one soccer ball. There are lots of soccer balls on that field that we need to be after because we're, we have 300 enemies out there. Can't just focus on one, but take on an issue that's really important and then reinforce and support other people.
- Colonel Derek Harvey: That's what the average citizen can do and call and make small contributions and get active in your local politics. Help get mobilized, volunteer, be a voice at your school board. It all helps. And, you know, we are more than them. Okay. But they control the institutions and the levers of power and we need to take it back one step at a time. So don't lose heart. One foot in front of the other every day. Keep fighting as long as we're fighting, we're in the game. That's number one.
- Raven Harrison: That's it. And that's Patriot. That's what I always say is, you know, you can't have faith in God without having faith in God, but faith without works is dead. So you gotta get to this line, Patriots. We gotta get in there and get engaged. And that's really important. So that's talking on Israel. We've got a lot of problems because now thanks to the resident turnip, we got these guys running through our border right now. So we've got all of these people that have been let in and our border is wide open, inflation's out of control. We are out of money to support these people everywhere. Our economy is on life support right now. So as it relates to domestically and what you're seeing, what is your take on what's happening here on our home front? And again, what's the action step moving forward?
- Colonel Derek Harvey: Well, you know, I think you hit some of the high points. You know, you've got, you know, 10 million illegals that have come in under the Biden administration. You know, and those are the got-aways along with those that were processed and released. And, you know, some others. Then we have the 3.5 million legal immigrants that were, you know, documented and brought in through a legal process. So just in the short amount of time, we've got 13 million more citizens here or residents here, I should say, because they're not citizens of the United States yet. And they are here and they're inundating cities like New York, Chicago, et-cetera. But they're also starting to show up in places like Western Maryland, South Central Wisconsin, Northern Illinois in small communities. And it's putting a strain on these communities, on their tax dollars, on their infrastructure and on their social services and schools.
- Colonel Derek Harvey: Well, what I said earlier was just as important. We need to get involved. And I can't stress this enough. Recruit people, encourage people to run for a local office. That local office then becomes someone who's gonna be eligible to run for a larger office later on. And we need to take these institutions back. And we need to help scrutinize. That said, you know, we've got so many targets of opportunity to go after. It's the immigration, it's the social welfare system. It's the DOJ, it's FBI and law enforcement. It's going after property rights and gun rights.
- Colonel Derek Harvey: You know, you could go on, it's the school issues. It's indoctrination. It's TikTok and Facebook leveraging their algorithms to shape public perception about Israel and the Palestinian situation. Or to influence the election coming up. Most people don't understand that the majority of court cases that have occurred since 2020 have demonstrated that there were irregularities that have ruled on the favor of those plaintiffs bringing allegations against the state and local systems in government about irregularities in the election system.
- Colonel Derek Harvey: There were four Supreme Court decisions in Wisconsin alone. The state court of Wisconsin that said what the state did was illegal and violated the law, but no accountability. So we have to get, we have to recapture our country. And we have to mobilize. And we, I think Raven, are not as focused about going out there and showing up at these meetings and creating a ruckus. We've seen it with the parents at school boards, but this needs to be expanded now.
- Colonel Derek Harvey: The other side, they have paid community organizers. And the federal and state government subsidized these community organizations. In Charlottesville, North Carolina, just make this point. Why is the, why is a housing for the poor organization mobilizing and demonstrating in support of Hamas? Why are they organizing? Who's paying for that? The taxpayers are.
- Raven Harrison: Correct. And I asked that question as well. We've seen those uprisings not only in Charlotte, we've seen them in Florida, we've seen them in New York, in California, they all have matching T-shirts. They all have flags. Who is paying for this guys? How did within 24 hours of calling for these protests, did all these organizers, coordinately shut down freeways, have matching T-shirts, all have Palestinian flags? Who paid for all this guys? The same way the people who are showing up at our border have clean shirts, tennis shoes, brand new phones, but yet they traveled 2,000 miles for a better life. It didn't happen, patriots. This is, but again, are we going to put on the full armor of God and shake our fists at the television?
- Colonel Derek Harvey: There you go.
- Raven Harrison: Are we going to do something about it? You gotta get involved. If you see something, say something, do something, anything.
- Colonel Derek Harvey: Now you sound like Jenny Weaver, that's great.
- Raven Harrison: Come on now.
- Colonel Derek Harvey: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
- Raven Harrison: We gotta do it. And it's, and I feel like you do that probably better than others. And that's what I want people to hear because you being in the military, you've seen the good, bad, and the ugly, me living with military parents, same thing, sir. But now you're serving your country a different way and everybody can make a difference, correct?
- Colonel Derek Harvey: That's absolutely right. And I think you might not think you can make a big difference, but we had 18,000 Republicans in my county that did not vote in the last election. And we lost across the whole congressional district six counties by 18,000 votes.
- Raven Harrison: Wow.
- Colonel Derek Harvey: So too many people just say, my vote doesn't matter or I can't make a difference. You got 80,000 truck drivers in Pennsylvania that are long haul truck drivers. We need to bank their vote and make sure that, because they're conservative Republican voters overwhelmingly, but we need to make sure they understand their vote is needed. And so it's across the board, but let me make one observation here.
- Colonel Derek Harvey: On the campuses, I taught at the University of South Florida and one of its nicknames is Jihad University. And I went to, and you have a lot of foreign students there and there are a lot of foreign students at all of our universities now, 400,000 Chinese students to say, just on Chinese, Chinese part of it. But at University of South Florida and at Carnegie Mellon University, another university I taught, leadership positions of the school newspapers and a lot of the organizations are foreign born people from the Middle East who are taking advantage of the system.
- Colonel Derek Harvey: The homecoming parade at the University of South Florida had 17 floats by different Muslim organizations, Palestinian organizations in the homecoming parade. And each organization gets funded by the school and a lot of the people in those are all, they're interconnected. And so they're leveraging our system against us in mobilizing and financing these pro-Hamas, pro-Palestinian activities on these campuses. And it's our own states that are paying for it through the university system.
- Raven Harrison: And this is, you know, what I say, and I think I say it often is, justice dies in the dark, Patriots. You gotta carry a big floodlight. You gotta keep the lights on, keep the pressure on. So I'm going to tell you, I think that as Colonel Harvey and I wrap up, the essence of this Patriots is every vote makes a difference. Don't go vote alone, take 10 people with you. You know, this could be the margin and this is what so many military people fought and died for. So don't just hand our country over, it's worth fighting for. So Colonel Harvey, thank you so much for sharing some insight and some action strategies. Where can people find you, get involved with what you're doing and be in the Army of the Colonel?
- Colonel Derek Harvey: Well, most importantly, I have a webpage. It's derekharvey.org. That's D-E-R-E-K-H-A-R-V-E-Y. Dot, or it, and I'm on Truth Social @DerekHarvey and on X or used to be Twitter @ColonelDHarvey.
- Raven Harrison: So it's X Twitter. But yes, it's a, but yeah, this is Patriots. I'm telling you, this guy has the resources to know how, if you don't know what to do, reach out to him, we'll have information on our webpage as well about this. And I always say, if you can't be on the front lines, support those of us who are, reach out to Colonel Harvey, you know, have him speak, you know, book him for speaking. It's worth the money, I guarantee it, Patriots. This is knowledge we need to take the country back. And we're gonna be right back after this.
- [Raven's Mantle spot]
- Raven Harrison: Thank you, Patriots, for being here for this episode of Raven's Radar. Patriots, does it feel good to hear verbs in the sentences somebody who's walked the walk and is talking the talk and is out there giving us the tools we need to mobilize?
- Raven Harrison: If you liked this one, you're going to love the second part. We're doing a two-parter with Colonel Derek Harvey because we have much more that needs to be done on the front line. And he's going to take us through the psychology game of being at war and what it's really going to take and what we the people can do to pushing our elected officials to get things done and how we can actually get this country back on track. And I'm going to give you a spoiler alert, Patriots. We can do it. We can do it. We've done it before, and we will do it again. We just have to know how to mobilize our efforts the way evil does. Just got to be prepared.
- Raven Harrison: And in that vein, if you want more information about Colonel Harvey, we'll have that on our website and our social media platforms, which is ravenharison.com. You can also reach me on social media, X, Facebook, all the other ones at raven underscore TX Warrior, raven, the conservative warrior. You know where to find me, Patriots. And in that vein, I'd also like to suggest that you pick up a copy of my book, which is so aptly titled Raven's Mantle, Fighting the Betrayal of America.
- Raven Harrison: If that isn't a God-inspired title for what we're facing right now, I don't know what is, Patriot. But this is the blueprint. This is what I speak about in the book. What happened? How do we know we're going to win this? Because we've been here before, Patriots. Communism, fighting for freedom, the war to get on top of corruption. All of these are not new concepts. So we have a battle plan. We just need to know how to mobilize it.
- Raven Harrison: So I encourage you, please pick up a copy of the book. Help us in this fight. Go to our website, ravenharison.com. You can find the book on amazon.com and barnsandnoble.com. And you can also find on our website, Raven PAC. That is the pack I formed to help conservatives, like Colonel Harvey, like myself, like the real freedom fighters, Donald Trump, who are out there trying to fight this battle for our freedom.
- Raven Harrison: It is unprecedented, but winnable. So Patriots, get out there. If you can't be on the front lines, support those of us who are. It is an honor for me to fight for you, Patriots, even the ones who don't agree with me. I'm fighting for your right to disagree with me. And we can get it done. So until we see you again, Patriots, keep fighting.
The dialogue with Colonel Derek Harvey on "Raven's Radar" serves as a somber reminder of the work that lies ahead. It is a call-to-action for every American – from the policymakers in the halls of Congress to the concerned citizens at community school board meetings. Harvey eloquently reminds us that the battlefront is not only overseas but right in our backyard, where the principles of freedom and justice are under scrutiny.
As we reflect on Colonel Harvey's message, we are urged to step into the fray, not as bystanders, but as active participants in the fight for America's soul. The call is clear: to mobilize, to vote, and to stand tall against the onslaught of challenges that threaten the American way of life. We must harness the collective power of informed and engaged citizens, as Colonel Harvey emphasizes, to shepherd in a brighter future where American freedoms are not merely preserved but thrive. It is not just a duty but an honor to pick up the mantle, embody the vigilance of our forebearers, and ensure that the nation built on life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness endures for generations to come.